Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Model 19s for sale

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Beeeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A nice condition set of model 19s for sale in New Zealand. At $3500.00NZ $2700.00US reserve is this good value?

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=143039305

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    19s are a nice speaker but here in the states the average price we see on Ebay is around $1000.

    I have seen a few super nice sets go higher but never even close to $2700.

    I think in Asia the seller could find buyers in that price range but most of the nicer stuff that brings big dollars here seems to be heading to Japan or some other country in that area.

    Sadly, here in the states, you would probably get more money by selling all the parts seperately and burning the cabinets for the heat.

    Gary

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Model 19s for sale


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I think Fleabay is more like 1200-1300 lately.

    But shipping would probably be nearly as much.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Beeeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They ended up going for $3900.00NZ - $3600.00US seems like crazy money - they had had a lot of work done recently. Baffles strengthened crossovers sorted but even so that seems high. I sold my Westrex driver acoustic lens horn this week for $480US it will end up on ebay or in Asia. Not sure how I feel about this classic gear leaving the country. What are your thoughts about selling overseas?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    Actually I think Fleabay is more like 1200-1300 lately.

    But shipping would probably be nearly as much.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats at least closer to the reality of them.

    I did this assessment a while back with the load set of the 19s and what it would cost to buy 416-8Bs, 802-8Gs, 811Bs and Model 19 XOs.

    If you got super lucky with prices and found everything good to go and ready to rock needing no repairs you would easily spend well over $1000
    on just the parts. Ad an additional $500 if you have to or want to get the drivers rebuilt.

    A set of nice 19s in excellent cosmetic condition and working as they should is a bargin at under $1500 IMHO.

    Gary

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got a great deal on mine. (NO ebay or CL!)) 650 bucks for the pair, BUT I had to spend another few hundred & change on a van rental to get them home. So, for just under a grand all in I still think I got a great deal.
    There is a guy over at AK who posted recently about getting his M19's local in Canada.....450 bucks the pair! That has to be the best deal I've ever heard considering the posted pics. Extremely rare to get them that low.

    Anyway, yes I agree. 1200/1500 is indeed fair for a pair in great condition.


    Russ

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    I paid $1100 for mine. Cosmetically perfect with perfect grilles even.
    Woofers needed to be reconed. So the total was $1300 when all was said and done.

    Ron

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s for sale

    I paid $1000 locally for mine. Walnut finish, excellent cosmetic condition, but with one 416-8A and one 416-8B. I sold the 8A on e-bay for about what I bought an 8B, so I figgered that was a wash more or less. New Solens for the crossovers and foam for the horns may have set me back $125 or so.

    Seller bought them at a local thrift for $250...:doh:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28184593 times.